This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Bureau and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
YOU acknowledge and agree that the BUREAU is not a party to specific roofing or other contracts of its members, including any contracts between you and its members, and that the BUREAU has no obligation or liability in connection with such contracts OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY SUCH MEMBERS. Referrals to members are provided as a courtesy only and the referral information provided is subject to the TERMS below. in no event will the bureau be liable for any acts or omissions of any members. In addition, ANY materials AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE MAY not be used to sell non-member products and/or services.
The Bureau provides certain information about its members on the Website ("Members"). Members are independent third parties and are not employees, representatives, or agents of the Bureau. You understand and agree that Bureau:
- is not a party to any contract between You and any Member;
- has no control over any Members and is not responsible for any Members&' in any way, including for any of the Members&' representations, work, contracts, or otherwise;
- does not schedule appointments or have any control or involvement whatsoever in your interaction with any Member, including any contact or work you may have with any Member;
- does not adjudicate, mediate, or provide any input or judgment on disputes between you and any Member;
- is not responsible for Members&' opinions on workmanship or product quality;
- accepts no responsibility for Members&' advertising materials;
- takes certain steps to examine the credentials of its Members, but makes no guarantees, warranties, or representations regarding the skills or representations of any Member or the quality of the services that the Member may perform if you elect to retain such Member; and
- does not update Member contact information on a regular basis. It is the Member&'s responsibility to keep the Bureau apprised of contact information changes.
Please also refer to the "Reliance on Information Posted", "Third Party Information and Links from the Website", and "Limitation on Liability" provisions below regarding Members.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to some or all users.
You are responsible for:
- making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website; and
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, title, and interests in and to the Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Bureau, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in memory incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials; and
- you may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
You must not:
- modify copies of any materials from this site;
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bureau name, the trademarks listed below, the Bureau logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Bureau. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Bureau. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
CEDAR SHAKE & SHINGLE BUREAU
C & Design
THE CROWNING TOUCH OF QUALITY & Design
Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks displayed on the Website without our written permission or the written permission of the applicable trademark owner. Misuse of any trademark is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to use the Website:
- in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation;
- transmit any unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, or harmful material of any kind or nature or transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability; or otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, state, national or international law or regulation;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Bureau, a Bureau employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing); or
- to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone&'s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Bureau or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party&'s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
- use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website;
- introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website;
- attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- use the posted Member list for creating a spam list or other sales tools; or
- use this Website to bait and switch a customer, including using the Bureau&'s materials to sell products or services of a non-Member.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BUREAU FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE BUREAU DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE BUREAU OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes and as a courtesy to you in the interests of promoting quality Certi-labelª cedar shakes and shingles. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include or refer to content provided by third parties, including materials provided by affiliates, Members, or others. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Bureau, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Bureau. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
The Bureau provides certain content relating to installation and maintenance, including the Bureau&'s own Articles, videos, newsletters, and links to third party articles (collectively, the "Articles"). The Articles are provided "As-Is", without any warranties or representations, and you assume all liability and responsibility for your use of such Articles. You understand and agree that the Articles do not provide advice, and that the Articles are no substitute for the advice of a professional.
You expressly assume all risk of loss, harm or injury resulting from the use or misuse of the Articles. Additionally, the suggestions and information provided in the Articles may not be appropriate in all instances and requires verification and use by a technically competent contractor.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. The material on the Website may be out of date at any given time. Please call the Bureau&'s offices at 604-820-7700 for the most current print dates. You use all such material at your own risk.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Linking to the Website
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, membership, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
You must not:
- cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site; and
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice to you.
Third Party Information and Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We do not review or monitor, and have no control over, the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The Bureau is based in the state of Washington in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States and Canada. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States and Canada. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States or Canada, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE BUREAU NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE BUREAU MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE BUREAU NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE BUREAU REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE BUREAU HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE BUREAU, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY MEMBERS, OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. This provision is unenforceable and/or inapplicable within the State of New Jersey, U.S.A.
As part of the Website, Bureau provides certain information, including contact information, for its Members and/or affiliates. You expressly agree that in addition to the above Limitation of Liability, the Bureau is not RESPONSIBLE FOR and will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages (even if the Bureau has been advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from: (1) contracts between you and any Member, (2) the cost of any goods and/or services purchased or obtained as a result of the use of the Website; (3) statements or conduct of any Member or affiliate; or (4) any other dealings or interactions you have with any Member or affiliate (or any of their representatives or agents).
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement was written in English. To the extent any translated version of this Agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version shall control.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau, P.O. Box 1178, Sumas, Washington 98295-1178.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.
All questions, comments, suggestions and other communications provided by you regarding the Website or any content contained in the Website will be deemed to be non-confidential and the Bureau will have no obligation of any kind with respect to any such communication, and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such communication or otherwise, without limitation. Furthermore, the Bureau will be free to use any ideas, concepts, techniques, or know-how contained in any such communication for any purpose, including but not limited to development, manufacturing and marketing products, or offering services, which incorporate such information.
From time to time you may be required to submit information through the Website. All information you provide through the Website must be true, accurate, and complete. The Bureau will rely on the information you provide. If you submit incorrect or incomplete information, you will be responsible for any loss, damage, or additional costs you, the Bureau, or others may incur as a result.
The internet is not a secure means of communication and the privacy, integrity or authenticity of any communication over the internet between you and the Bureau cannot be ensured. The Bureau is not responsible for any damages you may suffer if you communicate confidential information over the internet or if the Bureau communicates such information to you at your request.