Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau (“Bureau” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.cedarbureau.org as well as the additional URLs listed below (collectively, the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- From potential members via membership applications.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means.
- Any third party (including our Members or affiliates), or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information, including Personal Information, from and about users and visitors of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other information that is part of our membership application, only if you choose to complete and submit such application;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, browser type, device used; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. You can adjust your web browser’s settings to prevent it from storing cookies. Visit your web browser’s support page for instructions on how to disable cookie storing.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms or applications available on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of applying for membership. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website, register a complaint, or ask about warranty registration paperwork;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and/or
- your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Website, including pages visited and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and/or
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
We use Google Analytics to help us track user actions on our website. Google Analytics can collect non-personal information such as cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behaviour and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC and IP addresses, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information. Google Analytics does not collect your personal information.
If you do not wish to be tracked by Google Analytics you may opt out by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Bureau, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your membership;
- to provide technical service;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services Members offer or provide though it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to website users or other customers – this applies only to Members’ contact information, including Business Contact Information;
- to other Members and affiliates;
- to third party contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you complete a member application, we will use your contact information to correspond with you about your application and/or membership;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- for any purpose as you consent from time to time; or
- as permitted by law or required by law.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- for other purposes identified when the Personal Information is collected, or as permitted under applicable laws;
- as part of a business reorganization, divestiture, or sale;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau’s Members, affiliates, or others. This may include, for example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Personal Information is disclosed to third parties for purposes set out above including but not limited to:
- third party service providers, affiliates and business associates including an organization or individual retained by us to perform functions on our behalf, such as data processing, document management, analytics, marketing, etc.; and
- any third party, where you have provided your consent for such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent, as required or permitted by law. Consent may be express or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by the user’s conduct, such as use of the services or products.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Webmaster using the contact information set out below. In some circumstances, a change or withdrawal of consent may limit our ability to provide products or services to you or acquire products or services from you.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Notification Respecting Service Providers Outside Canada
To ask any questions or to obtain written information about our policies and practices regarding those service providers, you may write to our Webmaster at the address listed below in the “Contact Information” section.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to correct or update any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using current encryption technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. We are not responsible for any breach of security that occurs for any third parties that receive information collected by our website. If we learn of a security breach of our system, we will take reasonable steps within our means to address it.